Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

c-section with SPD

Hi

just looking for any tips anyone can give me as I have SPD and would like a c-section. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and have had SPD since I was 15 weeks. I am in absolute agony and have to use crutches to get about my partner thinks I should be in a wheelchair as it is that bad. I can't sleep, sit or walk for long as the pain gets too much. This is my 3rd child and have had an emergency c-section with my 1st and a VBAC with my 2nd so I've had the experience of both. I am really worried this time as I cant part my legs very much and my baby was measuring 34 weeks when I was only 29 weeks. I had to have a growth scan because of the size difference and she is a big baby as she is on the 90th centile for the AC and she's well above the 90th centile for the FL. I have mw again on Thursday then my consultant at 34 weeks. The only problem is nobody seems to listen to me as I wild like a c-section due to everything but the consultants keep saying that I'm having a VBAC because I've already had one. My mw said that a c-section would be better but the final decision isn't hers to make.  I'm so stressed about this and so is my partner but feel we aren't being listened to any advice would be grateful. 

Many thanks 

Emma

Replies

• Options

I had a csection due to spd. I also suffer with arthritis in ny hips so was deemed safest delivery for me. I was lucky to have a great consultant who listened to my worries. The way you deliver ultimately is your decision so be firm and assertive. They cant refuse a csection, especially as you have already had one. Good luck!