Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pre-clerking done!

Well wasted 2 hours of my life in the hospital this morning having 2 swabs and 2 blood tests. Have decided to donate my cord blood, got given my ranitidine, nasal stuff and shower gel and told to be at the maternity unit for 7:15 on Thursday. Feels so real now I'm scared and nervous and excited all at once and not quite sure how I'm feeling right now :/ x

Replies

• Options

Oooo exciting. Not long now! I remember thinking how long they kept me waiting in my pre op. Had to see several different people and how the last thing i wanted to do was spend my last day before going in, in hospital. Do you know what timebrhey will operate? I kept asking where i was on the list. We wereball told to come in for 7. There can be a bit of waiting so get some mags!xx

• Options

Nope didn't see anyone who would be in theatre with me so got no idea. Literally saw a nurse for swabs n bloods n midwife saw me for 2 seconds to give me the antibacterial stuff then the cord blood people. I had to ask the receptionist to find out what time I'm to come in as noone told me what to do or where to go or if I had to wait around after my bloods. X

• Options

We did the cord blood donation too, we received a tshirt and certificate too that said congrats on your baby girl! Wasn't best impressed lol. Will be thinking of you thursday, be sure to post as soon as!!!x

• Options

I.m so excited for you! hope everything goes well on thursday xx

• Options

Thanks gals. Just want it over n done with now I've run out of heartburn tablets from the docs, my bits hurt and I'm not sleeping. I've got a runny bum too which isn't the best! Roll on Thursday x

• Options

All the best for thursday xx

• Options

Cheers Hun x

• Options

Good luck LH, look forward to seeing your post when you can. Try and chill tmoro if you can, I know, easier said than done xxx

• Options

Thankyou my lovely x

• Options

Hi hun , hope you're having a nice restful day today , sure Caitlin will be over the moon with her gifts , 10 yr old dd has a tablet n 3 yr old loves playing on it when older 1's at school , knows how to work it better than I do ,haha , enjoy your steak , last couple times I've been in hospital food has been quite good n always tastes better when someone else has cooked it image  look forward to hearing your news , weight etc , take care , be thinking of you x x

• Options

Thanks babe just want it over with now. Midwife said today shes in the most awkward position even she couldn't tell how she's laying. She said there's no way she would have turned in this position so least I know I did all I could. Having loads of bx today really painful ones hope she holds out till tomoz! X

• Options

That would be typical wouldn't it , weren't you 10 days early with Caitlin ? was watching 1 of the midwives programmes that used to be on BBC2 a while back , (on the planner ) n there was a lady booked in for a c section n went into labour 3 or so days before  , she gave birth naturally  - after good pain relief - but the baby was head down , hope she holds out too hun , if you're worried give the midwife a ring ,what time do you have to be in in the morning ? really excited for you , hope the nerves are ok n you manage to get some sleep tonight x x

• Options

Gotta b there at 7:15 almost called the hospital earlier I've been having some mild contractions but they've stopped now. Please baby hold out for tomoz unless ur gonna turn! X

• Options

All the best for tomoz huni xx

• Options

Cheers babes. Caitlin's in bed in bits and pieces saying she don't want me to go n she's gona miss me n saying she's not going school Tomoz cuz she feels sick it's breaking my heart image n I could really do with getting some sleep tonight x

• Options

Hi babe thinking off you today! poor caitlin i hope she will be ok! is she excited about having a baby sister?

sending hugs image its so exciting you will be holding your new bubba today xx