Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hypnobirthing CDs

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences they could share of using hypnobirthing CDs. I am a natural born worrier and although I'm not anxious about the birth itself (yet) as I only got my BFP last week I am very stressed and anxious generally about pregnancy and other daily anxieties (not pregnancy related) which I would like to try and relieve. I was looking at maggie Howells hypnobirthing cd programme and thought this may help me relax in general as well as benefit me during labour. Any experiences welcome. Please share. Thanks!

Replies

• Options

Hiya , I have been listening to my cd for the last few weeks , find it really relaxing - so much so I usually fall asleep n don't get to listen to it all image heard it all for the 1st time last week , find it really helpful , it's my 5th , but if anything can help to take the edge off I'm all for it , I wont pretend labour is painless but I can honestly say I have enjoyed every birth , n it is a day of hard labour - but you will look back after n think - that wasn't all that bad n it doesn't go on forever , pain with a purpose , hope you find it useful hun x x 

• Options

Thanks evemum. Can I ask which CD you are using and whether you find it relaxing for non-pregnancy stresses too?

This will be my first. You must be a pro if you are on your 5th image

x

• Options
    Hi

I am the same and after a traumatic first labour I researched Hypnobirthing.

You should

Check out the Hypnobirthing institute. I did the mongan method and paid for a Hypnobirthing course.

I can not rate it highly enough. There is a strong possibility I will need an early c section but wapiti this the techniques have helped me accept whatever is to come and I have lots of tools to use when I feel frightened or losing control.

My advice is to find a course if you can afford to. I did NCT last time and I wish i had spent the money on hypno instead. If you find a

Midwife who is a practitioner you will get the best of both.

You really need your partner to be on board and practice with you. It makes a real difference. I was surprised how important it was to my hubby and how supportive he has been.

Use the cd daily from later in the pregnancy and read the book. Your practitioner will provide these.

If you are anywhere near easy Sussex or west kent I can recommend my practitioner. She was ace.

Best of luck x
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback TulipRose. Im not near you I'm afraid. What is NCT?

Thanks

x

• Options
    National childbirth trust.

It's great for meeting other parents and breastfeeding but otherwise I didn't find it so useful for the labour.image
  • Options
    Thanks tuliprose. Have you used the hypnobirthing in labour yet? X
  • Options
    Oh not yet. Planning for this one.

But I tried it when I had a blood test and was so in the zone the zone that the nurse asked if I was ok. I completely numbed my arm. image

Good opportunity for practice.
  • Options
    Sounds good image good luck with it and thanks for Your recommendations. X
  • Options

I also use the techniques when I have braxton hicks n round ligament pain - usually in the middle of the night , I will dig out the cover to the cd tomorrow n let you know what it's called , has been really helpful , haven't used it in labour before but feel sure it will help n also helps with other anxieties too , but like tulip said if you can afford to have a practitioner it would be even better x x 

• Options

Hi evemum did you find out what yours was called? x

• Options
    I should say whilst i use Marie mongan I've also got the 'natal hypnotherapy' range and they are great.
  • Options

Thanks! I have brought some of the Natal hypnotherapy range. hopefully they work! x

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.