Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Haematoma

Well finally got my scan, the bleeding appears to be from an infection in my uterus which hopefully is clearing up now. They also found a 5x5cm blood clot on the outside of my womb where she suspects my stitches burst but I bled outside of my womb rather than inside. Got another scan and follow up in 2 weeks but she says it's unlikely they'll operate on it as too dangerous. Anyone had one of these before? x

Replies

• Options

Glad it went well n they have found a reason for the bleeding hun , so what will they do with it if they can't operate - will it disperse on it's own ? I suppose you will know more when you have had the other scan , hope you're ok n taking it easy x x 

• Options

wont know till my scan so fx bleeding stops at least that's one less thing to deal with. She said not to worry bout it tho so they're obviously not worried x

• Options
    My goodness. At least yr a step closer to a resolution. I cnt believe how many times I have seen about rupturing wounds and infections since my OH's ruptured last year.

I hope you heal well. Have u been prescribed anything? Xxx
  • Options

I'm on cefalexin and metronidazole for the infection but nothing for the blood clot yet. Good news is Bleedings stopped tho x

• Options
    Hi

Glad you have some answers.

I had a small one of these under my skin after the section and it cleared up on its own. Took a while to reduce gradually.

It sounds as though it's nothing to worry about aside from the infection which these things are prone to because it is warm fluid siting there.

Good news it's being treated and hopefully once the infection goes you will feel better and it will start to diminish.

Take it easy
  • Options

Well I am bleeding and have smelly brown gunge (sorry tmi) once again! Bloody fed up now 13 weeks pp today. Waiting for doc to call back about more antibiotics, be glad to get sone real answers on the 10th x

• Options

Sorry to hear that , you must be really fed up fight now , can't believe lexi is 13 weeks already , hope you get the antibiotics , have you asked if you could drink raspberry leaf tea or summat - has always flushed me out , whether it be to help with contractions , or to speed up the process when I had the 2nd mmc , might be worth a try ? roll on the 10th eh x x 

• Options

That's a good idea think ill try that. I know how time flies she had 2nd jabs today image  not long till you'll b holding ur lil baba x

• Options
    How are you? Really hoping much better. X
  • Options

Hi hun im on my 7th 8th n 9th courses of anti biotics now hot a few days left of those but touch wood not bled for almost a week so fx that's the infection dealt with. Just waiting for my scan on sat, dreading what it'll find the clot feels massive I look about 5 months pregnant and I'm so tender image x hope ur well x

• Options

Hiya , did you try the r l tea ? I really don't like taking them for their jabs - seems so cruel but you know it has to be done , hope you're feeling much better , only 4 days til the scan , fc all goes well hun , also had scan today - 34 week growth scan , took kids , was amazing - saw baba opening n closing his/her eyes n frowning , n has hair !! mixed feelings , can't wait to meet bb but memories of labour are coming back to me , almost looking forward to the contractions to try out the hypnobirthing methods we've learned ..... I  must be going absolutely bonkers !!! image 

• Options

Awwww not long now! X

• Options

Well went for my scan today which was booked in 2 weeks ago, sat around for an hour to be told there's no sonographers in today and to come back again tomorrow and then again on Monday to see the consultant again! Bloody joke my hospital is x

• Options

It's shocking how they treat people - as if you have nothing better to do , when you have 2 little ones to organise , hope you get it sorted really soon hun x x 

• Options

4x5cm haematoma that's gone completely solid so must have been there a while n it's definitely come from my internal stitches cuz it's right on where they've cut me, she doesn't think they'll operate on it ill probably have to just live with it and c if it goes away but I'll find out more tomorrow x

• Options

Consultant says they won't operate on this blood clot and that I just have to wait for it to go on its own. She agrees it probably happened when they operated and that's why I got so poorly afterwards, and that something has gone wrong with my internal wound. She says c sections are bad but mine has been very bad.....you're telling me! Definitely going to b writing a letter of complaint x

• Options

Hope it does go on its own , you must be thoroughly fed up with it by now , how are you feeling in yourself ? hard enough coping with a newborn a 4 year old n being unwell to top it all off , I wrote a letter of complaint when we had our last - dd wasn't allowed in due to norovirus but later found out 2 friends of mine were allowed 2 birth partners as they knew the midwives - it should be the same rules for everyone , nothing came of it but it made me feel better to have a good old rant about it , hope it hasn't put you off having more in the future x x 

• Options

I'd love more but oh says he's done with 2. I feel rubbish am constantly in pain and the pressure of the blood clot is causing all sorts if problems like heartburn, and bowel n bladder issues! X

• Options

I expect he's just worried for you n doesn't want to see you go through another experience like the one you're going through , we thought we wouldn't want to try again after the mc's but time is a great healer (cliche I know - but it's true ) try n take your time n don't rush to get better too soon - you have been through a lot , big hugs hun x x 

• Options
    Oh lovely. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling pants. image

I'm glad the consultant was good but sounds as though their admin has been a load of old wotsits!

Here's hoping it's upward now and you'll soon be feeling better. Please take the time to rest as this will help.

You need itchy thespians of things.

Thinking of you x