Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

opinions and help required for new birth after 2 traumatic ones

my first born was emergency c section as he was breech in labour. my second born contractions stopped after I shot my waters out and ended up pph and put on a drip for 5 hours and 2nd degree tear. I am seeing consultant Tuesday to discuss my birth for this pregnancy (5 months pregs) and want elective c section. my midwife wont discuss my options and said to speak with a consultant (she doesn't know my burth choice). anyone else had a similar experience? I have written my demand and reasons on paper for the consultant as I am seeing him totally unprepared. xx

Replies

• Options

Just stick to your guns, listen to what they say and don't rule anything out, but just be strong, clear and have your reasoning ready!  

After 2 negative experiences though, they should be fine with elective section.   I have always found that if you are clear and confident they listen to you.

Writing it down is a really good idea if you think you might feel intimidated.

Good luck x x

• Options
    Thankyou. Just hope consultant is in a good mood as my m/w doesnt even listen when I have something to ask or say. She fobs me off to speak to someone else. Not a nice lady at all. X