Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sweep/induction happy Midwives!!

I had my 40 week appointment today (I'm due on Thurs) & my mw said it would be convenient if I had him tomorrow as she's got quite a few of us booked for home births & apparently I'm 'lagging behind' as all her other mums have gone early recently!! Charming!

Then I found out that, as it's half term next week, there isn't a mw clinic on next week so was gonna see my gp instead but they're all off for half term too & no point in seeing a locum doctor so got to go the post natal clinic at the hospital & see the midwife there. That's booked in for next Thurs when I'll be 41 weeks. She did say that she'd seriously want me to consider a sweep then as I'd need to have a sweep before they book me in for an induction. At which point I reminded her that I don't wish to consider either until I'm 42 weeks & even then I don't want an induction but would be happy with monitoring.

I can't believe that they're trying to push these on me when I don't want any medical intervention unless there is a medical issue. It's silly that I've not even reached my due date & they're already trying to speed things up. Honestly, he'll come when he's ready to come & not before. I really hope that the mw next week is really nice & supportive or, even better, that my baby arrives before that.

Anyone else had any problems with over eager/pushy midwives?? Hope not! x

Replies