Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

37 weeks and back pain won't let up!

Hello ladies, I'm 37 weeks and dilated 4cm... I've been getting these horrible back pains that come and go with intensity but remain there constantly! Thisis my ssecond baby but my first labor was induced and i can't really recall having just back pain with labor. I've been to l&d twice already and had them send me home because I wasn't contracting, just having bad cramps in lower back. Been in bed mostly, walking or sitting makes it worse. Should I be timing them when they become more intense? Could I be experiencing early labor?

Replies

• Options

Hello hurtlocker01 - and welcome to MadeForMums!

Wow, it certainly sounds like something's happening alright! 

I'm no expert, and I'm sure there will be others coming along in a minute with some great advice, but I'd try getting on all fours. When I was getting back pain in early labour, that really helped me.

Good luck! And please do let us know how you're getting on...

• Options

Thanks for the advice. Most everything I try brings slight relief but the pain creeps right back every time! It's becomimg a bit hard to manage. I'm now to a point where moving around at all causes contractions! Right now I'm just weighing it out. I DO NOT want to be stuck in l&d for hours with this without knowing it's labor. I'd rather be home. I'm just scared it's going to dilate me too much that when I do go into active labor I won't have time to make it to the hospital. 

• Options

Oh poor you! But how exciting, too!

Can you talk when you're having the contractions?

Might be worth ringing the maternity ward - sometimes, they can tell from your voice - particularly if you have a contraction while you're on the phone! - how far on you are.

• Options

Each time I call them they tell me to just come in. I've been once at 35 weeks for cramping in my lower bump. I dilated to a 2 then. Went in again when they told me to because I was peeing myself (tmi) without warning and they wanted to see if I had a leak. And now I'm having this pain that has now lasted over twelve hours and I am hesitant to call because I don't want to be stuck up there again. 

• Options

Hi hurtlocker01, we hope you're ok. Honestly, we're not medical experts so we don't know what's happening to you right now, but we strongly suggest you call your labor ward or speak to your midwife asap - maybe you should go in, even if it is to put your mind at rest - you never know the baby really could be on the way. Please let us know how you get on?

• Options

I guess I could call my doctor today and see what her nurse has to say. I had about five hours total of sleep since this started but I'm feeling pretty sick and fatigued after fighting with this all night. I can't stand longer than two or three minutes without getting light headed. I hate to complain about it so much but it honestly worries me that I have dilated so much and I'm feeling so crummy. I've been experiencing pre labor symptoms since 34 weeks and I am so ready to get this over with! Feeling anxious and excitement. I'll let you know what the nurse says.... my ob is out of town for ten more days too! Scary!

• Options

Nurse said to go in and get checked if I'm that concerned but I can always wait it out and time contractions when and if they come. This is so frustrating. Been having a light headache and sinus pressure along with everything else for the past couple of hours. I wonder if I'm the only one that feels like everything is broken or breaking towards the end of pregnacy?

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.