Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Signs of labor?

To all the experienced mothers out there: I'm currently 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant with baby #2. First baby came at 36 weeks and 2 days naturally. This pregnancy has been really rough so far. As of Tuesday I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I've had a really weird day today. Just feel a little off. I woke up at 4:30 this morning ready to go. I've had 4 bms today along with more clear discharge than normal. ( sry tmi) had a queezy stomach too. Lost my plug two weeks ago. Stabbing pains in the vaginal area and a dull back ache that comes and goes. I've had bad moon swings all day and really emotional. How far away do you think labor is? With my first I had no warning just started having really hard contractions. Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• Options

Have you had your baby yet? 

• Options

Not yet. I had contractions all through the night but nothing more than 5 minutes apart and they have stopped this morning. I go back to the doctor Tuesday so hopefully the contractions helped progress the dilation and effacement!