Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How to find positive-birth doctor?

So I don't want to induce my labour and I don't want to be giving birth on those table-looking beds.

I would want a care that encourages me to breastfeed for whole first year and weaning instead of all the commercial baby food. 

I mean I think you know what kind of care I'm reffering to, I think a lot of mum here want this.

So where do I find a doctor like this? I know it's obstetrician and pediatrist and midwife all in one package but I'm just afraid I'll stumble upon some doctors that aren't anything what I described but that I'll play along anyway, because you know, they are"the doctors".

I just want my giving birth to be special and relaxed(I'm aware that there is certain pain but that's not my main focus)because I'll remember this for the rest of my life and I want the baby to come to the world in best surroundings possible.

I'm in UK(Cardiff)btw. I hope I make sense.

Does anyone have a tip, any experiences?

Replies

• Options

Hello first of all congratulations :) your best thing to do is to talk to your midwife at your first booking (this is around 12 weeks) you can tall about your concerns and everything, 

I'm 32+3 weeks today, I find a lot of the midwifes and consultants have been great so far, but you do get an odd 1 or 2, but the good ones make up for it. I have been to have a look around the delivery suite in my hospital and the aftercare is great, they give you as much help as you need,  and also promote breastfeeding and will help you every step of the way :) 

Hope all goes well,

Also from Wales :) 

• Options

Thank you @Betthat's bit encouraging I must admit.

I guess there's a lot of work to do so I better stop delaying as I'm entering 12th week soon. Been so nervous to even start image