Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby blues?

so my beautiful baby boy was born on the 18th of this month and I'm over the moon and I love him so much, I'm massively  protective and I don't want anyone to hold him or touch him or feed him, I keep going from being fine and then crying my eyes out :( I feel like I want my bump back, I want to feel him move inside me again :( when it was just me and him and only I could feel him and spend time with him :( I love him to bits now he's out but I miss being pregnant so so much...keep crying and crying about it, midwife says baby blues but I don't feel like the symptoms sound like what's happening to me..anyone else feel like this? 

Replies

• Options

It all sounds quite normal to be honest. Your milk comes in around day 3-5 and that causes a huge surge of hormones and tears. It is a big adjustment going from being pregnant to Mum Mode. It can also vary from eve person. Both my pregnancies were totally different and my post experience was totally different. My first I was really laid back this time around I am much more protective and at 7 Months she’s only been away for me for 4 hours max. Whereas my first born had a sleepover at 4-6 weeks old due to my exhaustion. Take each day as it comes and make sure you have plenty support around you xx