Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Induction worries!

I have been given an induction date if baby doesn't come soon. 

I'm worrying about it as have heard you need to have a drip etc and higher chances of c section etc. Is that true?.

My first was 2 days early and had waterbirth so i'm hoping 2nd 1 comes soon so I can hopefully have similar. 

Replies

• Options

Hi Sarah191, welcome to the forum. We thought you might find this thread helpful, which is all about induction. 
    Also, we have a due in January 2018 thread, if you fancy meeting other women due the same time as you, right this way... 

• Options

Hi Sarah they say with your second the pessery Alone starts off labour so you can still have a water birth at any stage up until if you need the drip. There's an increase risk of complications but you get a one to one midwife if you need the drip. Don't panic most people need a c section because it's their first if you've done it once chances are you'll get baby out again vaginally good luck ! 

• Options

Oh, so you may not actually need drip then. I just hate hospitals and worry too much!

I hope I do go naturally though. Midwife did attempt sweep today but it was actually too sore and I couldn't go through with it but said cervix is soft etc so may go before induction date hopefully!

Thanks 🙂

• Options

I was induced with my 2nd baby on her due date due to pregnancy issues. Tbh he experience was fine for me. I required no gel or pessaries as they were able to break my waters. My health board policy is if you don’t contract regularly within an hour then you are given the drop, which I did need. what I did find was I was on the CTG monitor my full labour due to being induced so had to be on the bed or beside the bed. This was even before the drip so it’s somethong to be mindful of as this would stop any water north. Each area might be different though.

from having my waters broken until her arrival was 3.5 hours. and the drip was Increased 3 times. I actually found a nice experience as I had a midwife with me at all times and a student midwife. They chatted and the atmosphere was lovely. 

The overal statistics show induction can lead to more labours requiring assistance whether it’s forceps or c section but loke pregnancy every labour is different and these are things than can happen going into labour naturally anyway.

good luck xx

• Options

Sorry for all the typos in that, sleep deprivation at  it’s best 🤣

• Options

Thanks very much for all the info :)

I worried for nothing as she was born naturally early yesterday morning 💖

• Options

Congrats x

• Options

Congrats on your little girl xx