Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Succesful vbac?

Hi, just wanted to ask if any mums have had a successful vbac. My first labour went 13 days over but after pessaries and sweeps finally waters broke. Ended up in a long labour with the drip that forces contractions (i want to call it pitocin.correct me if wrong.) But with her heart rate dipping it was an emergency section ultimately at 14 days overdue.  I live on a small scottish island where im told my only options are vbav(in aberdeen, but have to go there from 37 weeks which could be up to 5 weeks and result in a section again if unsuccessful) or an elective section here. I had no complications in my first pregnancy and have none so far (22wks) just wondered if anyone else has been in a similar situation? I really want to try natural but with a 3 yr old at home finding childcare for up to 5 weeks is impossible. Im worried that im.going to be pushed fo a section because its more convenient for them here not because of any health reasons