Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

39 Weeks and Heavily Engaged - How do I get things going??

I'm at the end of my rope here and really feeling the strain. I'm 39+3 and my little boy is HEAVILY engaged (the midwife had to get a second opinion because he was so low they could hardly tell what position he was lying in). I have been like this for three weeks now.

I suffer from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and the hormones from his engagement are leaving me in an immense amount of discomfort. I feel or am sick at least once daily, and barely sleep as I am in constant full bodily pain. I don't have pre eclampsia as far as my midwife can tell but my eyesight is being horribly affected and I have constant migraines and trouble seeing.

I walk half an hour a day, give or take, basically every day. My partner helps me to do squats and other exercises. I have two cups of raspberry leaf tea daily. We've tried sex, both rough and gentle, up to two or three times a day some days. I've not even had a show, and only had Braxtons maybe three times the whole pregnancy.

I can't take much more of this. Is there any other way I could induce labour safely and naturally? I know medical induction can be horribly distressing so I really don't even want to consider it until it's 100% necessary for baby's wellbeing. Please help?

Replies

• Options

I didn’t try and of the methods you have already tried, because I was lucky and wasn’t in discomfort. The day before I went into labour I spent all day sitting on my ball and I’m sure that helped me start. And a week before I had my son, my husband was driving in the car and went over a jump bridge, which made my stomach go and I’m sure that jolted the baby, he never felt like sitting right after that, not that I’m recommending that lol

Or I’ve heard walking up and down the stairs sideways, something about opening the pelvis.