Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Try dry dates to induce labour

hi everyone hope you’re all wel. im not sure if this study is 100% accurate or not. I went to my consultant midwife last Friday to make a plan for my birth. I am 36 plus 5 days pregnant with my 3rd child and I have had two emergency c section my first child was born via emergency Caesarean section due to placenta previa as placenta start detaching from my umbilical cord and my baby was suffocating, my second child was born via c section due to my raised temperature and my baby’s heartbeat severally dropped and I was rushed to have s csection. I am pregnant again with my third child and my consultants want me to have Caesarean again but I am in denial about this. I am aiming for a normal birth but fingers crossed hope everything goes well but little bit scared as well on top. Anyways my consultant midwife said to me in Jordan there was a study evidence that ladies from 32 weeks of their pregnancy they started to have 6 dry dates a day to induce labour and they were successful giving birth as it tones up the uterus and the womb but am not sure if that’s any true as I am taking raspberry tea leaf tablets. I have started taking raspberry tea leaf tablets when I was 32 weeks two tablets a day then increased it twice a day and just increased it 3 times a day and am now 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my consultant said they will do membrane sweep and stretch when I reach 38 weeks which is two weeks away. I hope everything goes well and please please pray for me. I will keep you all updated. Wish me good luck and if anyone has tried any of these please let me kno. Any suggestions and any reviews are always welcome. Thank you in advance.