Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How likely to tear with 2nd baby ?

Due my 2nd baby in feb. Had my first match 2018 and got a second degree tear but tore in a zig zig apparently so wasn’t just a straight tear but then again was my first so had no idea about tears lol anyway how likely is it I’ll tear again or is it just unknown? Obviously if it happens it happens. But this time round when I bring baby home I’ll be completely on my own with newborn and toddler as now a single mum (baby has same dad as toddler)so tad worried about having to run around after a toddler and adjust to having less sleep as toddler doesn’t always nap in the day as well as getting up round the clock with a newborn. I’m sure I’ll manage plenty of mums do !! But hey ho little scared for my lady area again 😬 obviously the main priority is me and baby have a safe and healthy labour but recovery last time took a while was extremely swollen and so sore looked like a massive tennis ball sorry tmi any tips from mum’s who’ve torn more than once ? Any products you’d recommend to pack in my bag just in case I need them please let me know so I can be prepared this time lol. Also any mums who did it on their own. How did you adjust very worried as don’t want my toddler to feel left out or feel bored for the first week or so while I’m indoors at home trying to recover as last time even walking short distances hurt my bits so bad. But obviously want to be able to do as much as I can with toddler as well as juggling a newborn x 

Replies

• Options
    March 2018**
  • Options
    You can get cool packs to put in your knickers (reusable or disposable) I’ve torn with all of mine (and expect to with the one who’s due in a few weeks!) I swear by the cool packs. Also not to stand for too long as the pressure is just too much... oh and salt baths xx
  • Options
    Have you tried DIY padsicles? Was a life saver after I had my first and had tears
  • Options
    I had a 3rd degree tear with my first and I'm due my 2nd in march. Luckily I felt normal downstairs after mine but I'm nervous I wont if it happens again. I used to put aloe vera gel on my pads and pop them in the freezer so when I changed them they were cool and soothing.