Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused? Can anyone help?

Hello everyone so I’m 37 +3 with my second baby, yesterday I had contractions every 7 minutes while being in hospital and the ctg was picking them up, stomach was going rock hard and like really bad period pains! They examined me and said I was 1cm inside and 3cm outside but was soft but long, I was sent home and they stopped by the time I got home, slept all night so nothing else happened, this morning I’ve woke up and lost my mucus plug, I’m just so confused as I thought I was going into labour then it stopped? 

Replies

• Options
    I think sometimes it can be a bit stop start, hopefully not long for you now your plug has gone. Good luck x
  • Options
    Lh8609 said:
    I think sometimes it can be a bit stop start, hopefully not long for you now your plug has gone. Good luck x
    Thanks hun! My son is nearly 4 so I can’t remember what happened, was a little disheartened that it stopped xx 
  • Options
    I had a c-sec with my youngest but with my first I started on off contractions in the early hours, I lost my plug that afternoon and she was born about 7 hours later lol so could be any time now 🤞🏼 X
  • Options
    Lh8609 said:
    I had a c-sec with my youngest but with my first I started on off contractions in the early hours, I lost my plug that afternoon and she was born about 7 hours later lol so could be any time now 🤞🏼 X
    I lost it this morning around 8:30am, been having period like cramps since so maybe things are starting up, I didn’t think contractions stopped but they did last night! Thankyou for replying x 
  • Options
    Good luck!! X
  • Options
    I had this! So I started contracting on the Saturday and it had all stopped by the evening. Lost my plug on Monday/Tuesday and I went into proper labour Wednesday night! It won't be long for you but I know how disheartening it can be🤞🙏🙏
  • Options
    Lh8609 said:
    Good luck!! X
    Thanks so much hun! X 
  • Options
    Char09 said:
    I had this! So I started contracting on the Saturday and it had all stopped by the evening. Lost my plug on Monday/Tuesday and I went into proper labour Wednesday night! It won't be long for you but I know how disheartening it can be🤞🙏🙏
    I have been having period like cramps for the past half hour ish so hoping something is starting! Congratulations! it is very disheartening but nothing we can do but wait! As I know it can be days from your plug coming away! Xx