Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Giving birth with large fibroid - please share experiences

edited Jan 11, 2022 1:48PM in Labour & birth
Hello mums and mums to be!

This is my first time posting on this forum :)

I'm 20 weeks pregnant with a baby boy (just found out yesterday!). Since the beginning of the pregnancy the doctors detected a fibroid in the wall of my uterus. It has now doubled its size and measures 10x7 cm and yesterday my doctor said it looks that it's in a not so ideal spot, as it's quite low in my uterus. Baby is kinda lying on it right now, or at least that's how it looked at the scan. Happily, my baby boy is developing well and is even on the chunky side of the measurements!

What I'm fearing is that I'll need a C-section if the fibroid doesn't get out of the way when they uterus grows more. My doctor, who is very much pro vaginal birth whenever possible, said I should prepare mentally for that possibility. 

I wanted to ask you all if you had a birth with a large fibroid that was also positioned in a not so great spot. How did it go? Did you try to give birth vaginally? How was the experience? If not, were you allowed to let the baby start labour before having a C-section? How did you cope with not being able to go through labor due to your fibroid? 

I feel quite lost right now, as my original plan was to do a homebirth. Seems now I have to change my mindset completely.

Any experiences would be tremendously useful! 

Thank you so much for reading this and wishing you all happiness and health!

Cami