Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mental health postpartum

Hello, I would first like to introduce myself. My name is Ursula and I am 23, I am not a mother or mother to be just yet. I hope to be in the future though. This may not be a usual post or if this is not allowed then I apologise. I do not intend to cause any offence to anyone with what my post will hold. My post is quite a sensitive topic. I have applied to university to study midwifery it has been a dream of mine, I am still waiting to hear back. Anyway, I am still currently in college and I have to do an extended essay. The title of mine is  "What are the effects of hormonal changes on mental health after birth?" Two areas that mean a lot to me are midwifery and mental health so to be able to combine them both and study them is my plan. In the future, hopefully once I have qualified as a midwife I would really like to go deeper into the mental health route as well and attempt to raise more awareness and find a way to improve the care given for mental health in the postpartum period and onwards. Anyway, the meaning of this post is I would be very grateful if some people could complete this questionnaire/survey. I understand fully it is a sensitive topic and if you do not know any answers that is also fine I am just trying to get an understanding of what people know and do not know. Thank you in advance I really appreciate it and sorry again if any offence is caused.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKA3vru3MYSiRbyIkjW-n3IOE_CX_99x3-p-vRXje_OLvz4A/viewform?usp=sf_link