Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not producing enough milk

I’m 11 weeks PP and as of about 4 days ago, I’m barely producing milk. My son cannot latch so I’ve been pumping since he’s been born. I’m barely pumping 2 oz every 2 hours and my son eats 4 oz every 2-3 hours. I’ve been doing everything for the past 3 days. Staying hydrated, eating oats, pumping a lot more than usual. I’ve even been eating lacatation gummies and cookies and drinking tea. I’m barely seeing a difference and it’s been about 3-4 days. Im extremely emotional. Help! 

Replies

• Options
    Don't be frustrated it will be all worth it. I'm been trying different kinds of breast pumps before because I thought the ones I used was not working properly but I was wrong. I just ate lactation veggies and cookies everyday.
  • Options
    Tae88 I used essential oils to help.  There are a few that will assist to promote milk supply.  Fennel, Clary Sage and Lavender.  Add a few drops of  each mixed with coconutoil teaspoon and rub on breasts twice a day.  Avoid the nipple area.