Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long for an episiotomy to heal? (also in Baby)

Just wondering, as I had one and I just feel like shite! I don't know how long to expect it to take to heal. I'd really appreciate some advice from anyone else who's had one. x x x

Em x x x

Replies

• Options
    I had one of these and a 3b tear so I was a bt of a mess. All I can advise is to put tea tree in the bath and bathe 1-2 a day if possible, take arnica and if there is any sign of infection go to get some antibiotics. You just have to be kind to yourself for a while. I was all healed by 6 weeks.You will be fine too x
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I really think it's on the way to healing now. My stitches look like they've disolved and it's so much less painful than it was. FIngers crossed it'll be all better by Christmas! x x x
  • Options
    i had a 3rd degree tear and was all healed and felt much better after 6 weeks!! Its now 8 months since my dd was born, and i've had no problems at all
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks tanroe. I actually think it's almost healed, doesn't hurt at all anymore so fingers crossed it won't be too long until I feel completely normal! x x x
  • Options
    i had a epistomy and it took 2-3 weeks to heal and healed really well with minimal scaring and bumps so my doctor told me.