Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

horrible birth :-(

I had a lovely pregnancy until 27 weeks when i started bleeding. I was in hospital for a week when I had a massive bleed and felt hot, dizzy and sick. I was rushed into the theatre and don't remember much apart from lotsof people talking at me and then being put under general anaethestic. Next thing I know, I come round and am told that I had a little boy. He weighed 3lbs but I couldn't see him as I had a c-section and was very drowsy.

I didn't get to see or hold my son until the next afternoon which was heartbreaking. He was in hospital for 11 weeks.we thinking of trying for another baby but I am petrified of this happeneing again. I would love to go full term and experience a natural birth.

Anyone else been through something similar?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,i had to have an emergency c section with my 1st ds at 29 weeks due to PE. Although i was awake throughout it was the most frightening thing i have ever been through! My ds weighed in at 2lbs 11ozs,was in hospital for 6 weeks and came home on oxygen,but he is now a boisterious 4 year old!!
    We decided to try for another baby,but unfortunately had a mc,but fell pregnant again 2 months later. I worried throughout the pregnancy and was monitored very closely,seeing my mw every week for bp checks and the consultant once a month.
    I was hoping for a vbac this time round but unfortunately my bp started to creep up and i had to have an elective c section and my baby boy was born one day off his due date!! So it can happen and i was extremely thankfull for that.You've just got to take it a day at a time and hopefully you will be monitored closely this time round,good luck with your journey.xx