Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

raspberry leaf advice wanted.

hi ladies im 34/5 and so uncomftable. i was advised by a friend to try taking these herbal tabs to try ans start labor off . obviously i want it to be safe so would not take them til 35 wks as i know my lo is big and healthy as the midwife told me today her head is down so what do you think x x x

Replies

• Options
    raspberry leaf isn't supposed to bring on labour. it is said that it can speed up the pushing stage of labour though. it works for some women and not for others! but like i said it's very unlikely to make him come early x
  • Options
    i also read it was ok from 32 weeks. like Stefy says it helps your womb contract so less bleeding. its also supposed to help with tearing ouch. alot of poeple beleive it brings on labour and not to take it until 36 weeks but studies have shown it doesn't. i would just ask your mw if your not totally sure
  • Options
    I took raspberry leaf religiously from 32 weeks in both my pregnancies & the 1st was 4 days overdue & the 2nd was 6 days overdue though my 2nd stages of labour have been 15 minutes & 7 minutes.

Its not supposed to bring on labour like the others said though any advice I've been given is to avoid it if you have a history of premature labour & I think this is why alot of mws advise not to take it before 34 weeks just incase.

If my experience is anything to go by though it def must do something to shorten the pushing stage so if I were you I would take it coz 15 minutes of pushing was enough for me

Good luck

Hilary x