Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice something starting????

hi ladies im 39/2 and today i threw myself into the house work and did not stop til about 2 pm my back started to ache so i had a nice soak in the tub about 3pm . since then ive had dull period ache at the front and backache on and off. last hour sorry tmi went for a wee and had clear stringy stuff when i wiped no blood or anything . looking for advice as dont want to go to hospital if nothing happening for definate. backache is a dull constant ache so is the front. lo is ok as felt her moving today x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi! It all sounds quite normal to me. I'm 38+4 and have had similar pains for the past week. You may possibly be going into labour. The stringy stuff could be your mucus plug starting to come away, or it could just be discharge (I've had a lot of it recently!). I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on your pain and if it gets any stronger, then call the MW. She probably won't do much any way, but if you are concerned, contact her straight away - there's nothing worse than worrying all night! Love Rachel XXX
  • Options
    Hi Bev6, I am 39+2 today and I had exactly the same pains as you yesterday and still have back ache today. I've walked my little boy to school and since coming home I've been having alot of tightening and dull pains.
    I am praying that this is the start as I was 2 weeks late with my little boy and I had to be induced which I really want to avoid this time if I can! Good luck and keep us posted!xxx