Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just had sweep

Hi girlies,

Just had my first membrane sweep which i can say was rather uncomfortable image but not too bad. Midwife was happy everything seems to be moving along was 1-2 cm dilated which i hope is a good sign :roll: Also she thinks i have had a show but not noticed this :roll: as i had some streaky blood afterwards and also blood in my urine which she is going to send off to get tested!!

Just wondered how many people this has worked for and how long it took them to go into labour??

Thanks everyone i soo hope it works i am due on sunday and getting rather uncomfortable! :\)

Replies

• Options
    hi, i had a sweep and was 1cm dilated
    had sweep on a thur afternoon and had my baby at 11am the nxt day. hope u see ur baby soon and all goes well hun. xx
  • Options
    i had two, a week apart, the 1st wasn't bad but the 2nd time the consultant was practicaly poking my tonsils!!! i have to say i found that one really painful and wouldnt like to go thro it again in a hurry...but my waters broke the next evening so it worked for me.
  • Options
    Thanks girls, i had a show about an hour ago so something maybe starting think my OH is now starting to panic as he is making me show him everything that is ready and making sure i have packed everything !!! BLESS !!!

Have to agree with you there pink&fluffy never had anything done down there before as im only 22 so no smear tests even and it was rather painfull so would like to think i wont have it done again in a weeks time!

Still also have a small amount of blood but it is brownish!!!

Thanks again will let you know if anything happens x
  • Options
    Hi Kirsty,

Sorry did not manage to get back to you before - I ended up having a sweep today too - 2cm dilated and they said it could happen tonight or tomorrow (due on sat 28th) At about 8pm tonight I had a show too! Will race youimage Good luck xx
  • Options
    Morning girls, had the best night sleep ever last night woke up a few times feeling a bit crampy and been to the toilet alot this morning (tmi) but nothing much, (although i broke half my tooth off last night which is rather annoying).

Midwife is coming round on sunday as i have a bit of high blood pressure and blood in my urine with protein but not really high levels so she wasnt too concerned just hoping something happens tonight or tomorrow!!!!!

What did you girls start to feel after your sweep as i have no idea what i should be feeling. I feel quite energetic today and just want to finish cleaning the house!!

Thanks hope it happens for both of us leonora and keep me updated on how you are feeling to see if we are the same.

Take care x