Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am i in premature labour?

I am 31 weeks pregnant today and I have been experiencing signs of labour for a few days now i have had a previous premature labour,
i have been having the runs on and off for a few days i could not stop being sick yesterday altho i could still eat and felt ok.
I keep geting really bad lower backache and my belly feels heavy all the time and i keep getting cramps.
I also have been getting braxton hicks alot for the past couple of weeks.
Her head has dropped really low.
I was in hospital the otherday and i was not in labour i have had abit of a show 2days ago aswell.

[Modified by: Youngmummy19 on 29 January 2010 09:50:59 ]

[Modified by: Youngmummy19 on 29 January 2010 09:51:19 ]

Replies

• Options
    hi, if ur worried at all or think u might be in prem labour then u need to phone ur labour wad or mw asap for some monitoring and to check if ur dilating, if u are and they catch it in time they may well be able to stop it, and if they can't then u'll need to be given steroids in ^planty of time to get baby's lungs strong enough for the open world. please phone ur mw or labour ward asap xx
  • Options
    i had my baby at 32 weeks thinking back i may have a show a few days before but didnt realise what it was (not what i was expecting) then my waters just suddenly went. went to the hospital and while i was waiting to be checked my contractions started then 3 hours later my dd was born. i was too far gone to have my labour stopped, as when they examined me after 20mins i was already 3cm so it was off to labour ward. i had one lot of steriods 10 mins before i started pushing so they had little time to take effect and no time to have the second lot. dd was absolutley fine scored 9 on the apgar score then at 5 mins it was 10.

make sure you call and get checked if they find out early enough they may be able to hold it off for a while.
  • Options
    hey hun, it is worth getting it checked out, but i think you can get these signs earlier on with subsequent babies, so far i have had 2 prem babies but neither as early as 31 wks. my youngest was born at 35 wks and what your describing i experienced from about 30 wks, and i had my show around the same time. i am now expecting 4th and i'm 28wks 4days and have already had my show and experiencing bad braxton hicks. babys head also keeps engaging but this changes from day to day. i find some days i can eat loads coz shes dropped and then others i find i can only nibble because shes back up squashing my stomach. they are on the look out for prem labour though this time, and i've had a lot more appointments due to this. xxxxx