Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Inductions?

i was induced due to high BP & was overdue anyway.
Was in the Labour ward. They inserted a pessary, then waited. I started to get cramps, but nothing much. 12 hours later they inserted another pessary, again cramps, i was told to walk about in the car park & stay active. cramps increased. i was examined & found to be just dilated, so they broke my waters (gas & air given for this). Labour then started. After further few hours, was taken to delivery room for birth. Its a bit uncomfortable when they insert the pessary (a bit like a smear test really), but it did the trick. Best of Luck to you xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone, I have been booked for induction next wednesday at 2pm.

can any of you share your experiences of this with me please?

The induction is down to the fact I have had a few problems with my cervix - I was supposed to see the consultant yesterday, but he wasn't there so I just saw a registrar. She didn't even check my cervix yesterday, just arranged the date for induction. felt a bit annoyed that she didn't check as last wednesday when I was in hospital I was 1.5cm dilated.

Thanks
    xx
  • Options
    Hello I have been booked in for induction on Monday 25th by which time I will be 12 days overdue....I'm really hoping baby decides to come on its own. I'm quite nervous about being induced but glad that we will soon be meeting our baby xx
  • Options
    hi i have just had my 5th baby and was induced by the pessary first then was taken up to the labour ward to have my waters broken , this made things happen quick for me, i just had gas and air. with my 2nd baby i was induced by the pessary as well then waters broken and with my 3rd baby i had my waters broken then was put on the drip to speed my contractions up as nothing happened. this again made things happen quick for me.
    don't be worried if it takes a few attempts to get you into labour as it doesn't always happen first time. especially if it is your first baby. but once the midwifes have started to induce you they will have to follow it through. so you will eventually have your baby.
    hope all goes ok for you take care.sxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies & kind words girls, am hoping it won't take too long to get me started - don't much like hospitals!

Anyway, on the bright side, won't be long til I get to meet my baby image
    xx