Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tens machine

what do people think about the tens machine i dont no weather to use my or not xxx

[Modified by: shaz08 on 28 March 2008 19:28:10 ]

Replies

• Options
    i intend on gettin one for the initial stage of labour so that i can have the hard stuff when i really need them!!!lol. xxx
  • Options
    I've hired one as i think they do work. A physio once used one on me when i slipped a disc in my back and it did help the pain! I know the pregnancy ones aren't as strong as those but think it should help for the early stage at least! xx
  • Options
    i have one too,and the company have been very helpful as couldnt work it at first and they got back to me straight away,it seems like it should work even if it just distracts you:lol::lol: (www.tens.co.uk)
  • Options
    i had one for my first labour and it wasnt any good for me so never bothered with it for my second, but iv heard alot of positives from other people saying it will at least delay having to use another form of pain relief for a while. give it a go!!
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev162prs__.png

• Options
    i have been useing one for back pain since 34 weeks its been very good so going to use it in labour i would give it a go even if you only use it for the frist part of labour better than haveing all the help in one go
  • Options
    hi i used a tense machine when i had my lo started using it bout 9am n lasted on that till bout 6pm when went in hospital cause pain got too bad. think it helps with long labours def worth it x