Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How common is having stictches?

And is there anything you can do to help not tearing?

Replies

• Options
    There's perenial massage but I'm not quite sure how you do it or wehen to do. I tried it at 39 weeks but couldn't reach!!!! You could google it though!
  • Options
    Hi g/c from planning-this website is quite good:

http://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/news/article/mps/uan/196
  • Options
    For advice about tearing and stitches, take a look at this article in our Birth channel: http://www.babyexpert.com/Birth/Will-you-tear-during-labour^/v1.
    Web ed
  • Options
    I tried the massage but couldn't reach either. Gave up after 2 attempts.

I didn't tear. I had water birth which I think helped and also I did EXACTLY what the mw said at the head coming out stage. When she said don't push, or just give tiny push etc I concentrated with all my might on doing it and it worked.

• Options
    I did the massage from about 32 weeks using olive oil, when I couldn't reach I got oh to do it haha he didn't seem to mind i didn't need any stitches and my baby was 8lb 5oz maybe it worked or maybe it says more about the sixe of my nether regions haha who knows
  • Options
    I had to have stiches as i had a ventouse delivery, i was dreading tearing or being cut, i was cut in the end, but i didn't even know they had done it, the stitches wern't that bad, the gas and air helped, and the heling was fine just took a few paracetamol now and then.

It was my greatest fear pre birth but i just wanted to say it wasn't all that bad and healed up really nicely with very little pain.
  • Options
    i also had stitches with first baby and now worryed about tearing 2nd time around !!! lol i had epidural last time and they vontoused him out so cut me luckly i dindt feel it contractions are worse pain !!! after they were sore when they were drying up but a frozen sanitry towel in ya knickers is pure heaven after the initall shock of the coldness!!!
    jem 31+2