Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scared and a bit upset!

I cant seem to feel much movement from my baby anymore, i'm 35 +3 and i feel more of a wriggling sensation is this normal? Im a bit scared as when i went to see the midwife last week she had to measure me three times, first time she measured bump as being 29, then 30 then 32?!?!?? Im scared my baby might not be developing properly or something. Is this wrigglign normal or shoudl i still be feeling hard kicks?:\?

Replies

• Options
    i was the same at 36 weeks and my midwife told me baby wouldn't kick as much more wriggles as they have less and less space to move, you should still be feeling lo move at LEAST 10 times a day if not give you mw a phone

Danielle

39 + 5
  • Options
    Thanks hun, I suppose because its my first I don't really know what to expect am feeling wriggling so I guess thats normal thank you for your reply. Just want everything to be ok as I had a few complications at the start of my pg.
  • Options
    dont worry, i was the same with evie i hardly felt her at all during the day, it was only very early in the morning or at night when i was lying in bed. i rang the labour ward a few times as i was concerned but they said as long as i was feeling 10 movements a day then not to worry. during the end of the pregnancy there isnt much room in there for baby and also if they are head down they dont tend to move that much apart from the occasional kick in the side or ribs!
    its scary when you dont know whats going on in there- i flet the same!
    if your ever really worried, lie down and put your hands on your tummy and see how many movements you feel in 20 mins, if your still worried call your labour ward to put your mind at ease xxxxxx
  • Options
    my bump also messarge smaller, but im small anyway try not to worry huni im sure its fine i dnt feel much movement eitehr just baby wriggling everynow n then, maybe she run out of room to grow..
    speak 2ur m/w even over the smallest thing even if u feel silly they understand its better then worrying least if u talk with her u put ur mind at ease take it easy girl mwah we are all here if you need 2 chat

Caz n bump