Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2cm dialated

went into town today and when i got off the bus my jeans were really wet, foned my mum and she told me to go home just incase however i wanted to go get measured for my bra so did that first he he he, foned the hosp when i got in and they told me to go in and get checked, put me on the monitor asked all the usual qs bout pain etc, not had any apart from a few braxton hicks over the past couple of days mw said she doubted that i was about to start, checked to see if waters have gona nad they havnt, she then checked my uterus and to both our surprise i am 2cm dialated so she gave me a sweep, she doesnt think i will go over my due date woohoo!, asked her if staying active helped as i have just regrouted my kitchen tiles paint and grained the doors and cleaned the whole lot she said it does help so am gonna paint my mums bathroom tommorow he he he see if i can shift it sooner!!! will be 39wks exactly!!!
quick q is 2cm dialated good?? do you think things will start soon?? :\?:\)

Replies

• Options
    Not sure if 2cm is a sign of things starting soon but I had a sweep on friday 3 weeks ago and I really expected things to start. I was 2cm at the same time and 8 days overdue. No signs 24 hours later but I stayed really active. I woke to period type cramps on sunday morning and by early hours of monday morning I was in delivery room.

Hope this is the start of things for you. Keep us informed.

Just a hint - don't overdo things. You'll need as much energy as you can get.

Sab x
  • Options
    I was the same with my two, i was having braxton hicks 2 days before i went into labour they were quite intense and i kept passing clear like jelly discharge (sorry if to much info). anyway went for my check and they examined me and i was 3cm and in labour they did a sweep to kick start and then broke my waters (36wks+4days). hope things kick off soon, goodluck XXX
  • Options
    had a bloody discharge this morning, tummy gets tight but its not regular, busy sorting the babies room out, then going to my mums for tea, hope things are starting, thanks for getting in touch, this is my first and i havent got a clue x
  • Options
    Hi Nic-

Its sounds like things are happening for u. I bet u r excited. I could cry, my LO doesnt wanna come out!! 9 days overdue now and im so frustrated!!!!

Keep us informed on how things are progressing with u. It seems like it could be any day now
    Take care
    Hannah xx
  • Options
    thanks hannah, hope things get moving for you soon, yeay am excited still doesnt feel real!!!
    take care and i really hope your lo makes a move soon x
  • Options
    How's it going? Any developments?
  • Options
    still getting the pains but nothing regular, will let you know before i go in!! x
  • Options
    Good Luck. Just think it won't be long now and you'll be holding your little bundle.

Sab x
  • Options
    i know, seems unreal, im soooo excited a little nervous abouth the birth but i know it will be worth it x
  • Options
    Try not to be nervous hon. Easier said than done I know. No matter what it's all worth it in the end.

Sab x
  • Options
    Hey Nic

Any news??? been wondering if u've gone in yet....
    Ive been having cramps and weird twinges but nothing regular so it still looks set for monday but not too long now.
    Fingers crossed hey?!!
    Hope ur ok anyway
    Hannah xx
  • Options
    Good luck all hope your lo come soon
  • Options
    nothing yet still getting the pains but not regular at all, had another couple of shows so am hoping its not far off, you never no hannah we could have our lo on the same day!!! hope things get moving for you!
    take care all and i will keep you updated x