Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

piles

can anybody help,I had a baby on the 16th May,and I feel like I have something not right with my bits.sorry if this is to much information but I had a tear which was so small they didnt bother to stitch but when I go to the loo for a number 2 and clean myself it feels like i have a tear from one hole to the next so I just had a look with a mirror and can only see little lumps could it be piles thats the problem.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kat i had my baby on the 19th of may think i hv the same as u al though i didnt tear jst bruized and grazed but every time i empty my bowels i bleed from the back passage i have looked down there an there is like a red lump havnt gone the doctors cuz too imbarassed cud u tell me wat piles look like an wat thy actually are x x
  • Options
    sounds like piles to me!! i have them too, had my baby on the 16th may, i think they look like little lumps like kat2007 said, probably red i'm going to have a look to find out what they are!! like u babyxx i bleed when go for a no 2, and i'm assuming it's piles, don;t want to go to docs enpugh people have seen my bits and pieces!! Em xx
  • Options
    hi there. i had my baby on june 3rd, and after i had really bad piles to the point that i thought that my inners were going to come out!!!!. they were awful. but they have now shrunk babk to normal. well when i say normal they haven't really gone back fully as it was my 5th baby. but alot better than they were.
    piles are like grapy lumps around your bum opening. they can bleed and are very common after child birth due to all the strain of pregnancy and pushing in labour. they should get better. you can get creams that shrink them. and when you go to the loo don't strain just try to relax and sit forward so no to put too much pressure on them.
    if they bleed alot each time you got to the loo you should got o the docs really. but drink plenty and eat fruit and this should help.
    take care.xxxx
  • Options
    Hi pen thanx was gettin worried cuz didnt no wat it was so can u get rid of piles or do thy just shrink, an can u get the cream from the chemist x x
  • Options
    Hi,

I too have got piles which are causing a lot of pain at the moment and I havent even had my baby yet!
    Im due on the 15th July so I dread to think what they will be like after I have had the baby. Apparantly they are caused by the pressure. I am using GERMALOID suppositories at the moment and they seem to help
    Laura x
  • Options
    since i've started my mat leave, i've gone down hill.... along has come swollen feet... Carpel tunnel in both hands.... stretch marks.... heart burn and lastly the dreaded piles... the joys of being pregnant!!!

Bring on the baby, I'm due this saturday!!!
  • Options
    hi.
    I suffered with piles after the birth of my last baby and unfortunatley for me have got them during this pregnancy too image
    Piles are veins in the anus that have swolen due to strain and look lik red or purple lumps round your bum hole. they can be quite painful and bleed which is quite alarming. You can just pop into the chemist and get cream easily enough. last time i used germaloids which i found really effective, this time oh went and got me some cream which is anusol which i dont think is as good to be honest. try not to worry about it its really common, go get some cream and they should shrink soon enough.
    Toni x
  • Options
    I too developed piles during my first pregnancy. I also have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which can aggravate them.

After the birth of my son, the midwives gave me an enema, which shrank them, but that's the only time I have used anything to ease them, as I tend to just put up with them! Luckily they never bleed, just feel a bit irritating occasionally. I'm not looking forward to seeing how much worse they get by the end of this pregnancy though!
  • Options
    hi ljgreg sounds like your going through a rough time hpe things get better an gud luck for saturday if your lo decides to pop out into the world.Bein preg was the easiest part for me, an givin birth that was fine it was after that was the problem was only out a few days then had to go back in again had a really bad infection well thats wat they think it was they put me on a course of antibiotics but while i was in hospital had to have them through a drip, an had to stay in for few days till my temperature went down an i hated it been with out my lil princess an to top it off when i finally come home it felt like icudnt breath so went emergency docs an he said it was postnatal depression. Then few days after went my own doctors an he said its my anxiety cause iworry all the time i havnt half been messed about then today i have been bleeding loads down below me doc give me some tablets to slow it down an some antibiotics just in case its an infection an said if it gets any worse then go up hospital so hope i dont have to go there again seen it enough times an mentioned my breathin again cuz i get it all the time an he just said the same it really scares me when it happens an i have been told got deal with it an take deep breaths every time it happens which pixxes me off cause like see him deal with it sorry if gone on a bit but needed to get it off my chest an tell someone
    p.s let me no how u get on in labour xx zoexx :\)