Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

labour......

i have come to the conclusion after reading tonns of post that the 'tough' mommys find labour hurts and is harder to deal with but women who are wimps with pain deal with it better...they must fear labour and then realsie its not that bad and 'toughies' think they can handle it and turns out they cant! this is only my opinion from reading labour stories image

Replies

• Options
    lol, i'm a wimp and i couldn't handle it .... but i was induced with a back to back baby and kept on my back on a bed the entire time, i don't think its down to whether the person is tough or wimp, i think there are a lot more factors involved, my labour ended in an em c sec 4 days in, and i was someone hwo thought all 'positively', rather naively actually, didn't understand the induction process at all and thought 24 hours and baby would be here, had planned a nice water birth at the birth centre, got the complete opposite, but i can hand on heart say it was nothing to do with my mentality, babies poition and the drip were the buggers! lol x

[Modified by: WoW Baby on June 12, 2010 05:20 PM]

• Options
    I think the more positive you feel going into the birth the better time you will have! There is a book call Ina mays guide to childbirth which is full of positive birth stories and i think every mom to be should read it!
    I think (only my opinion) the "toughies" have a harder time because they want to control things rather than going with the flow and trying to relax into labour?
  • Options
    I agree with the above. I went into it with the knowledge that my body would do what it was supposed to do, and to just go with it. If you try and "fight" the pain you just tense all your muscles up and it hurts even more. Go into labour with a positive attitude and you'll be fine. After all, theres no getting out of it - it has to be done! xx
  • Options
    i am a complete wimp and got through labour fine! i tried not to think about what was going to happen too much and just took every minute of labour as it came! image
  • Options
    I'm a total wimp and I got through labour fine - but I didn't fear it at all, I was totally laid back about the whole thing (resigned?!) and I really think that that was the thing that got me through it - the more you fear it the more likely you are to have something to fear IYSWIM? Hypnobirthing talks about that a bit and I really believe it. Relaxing & keeping active would be the things I would say help people have an 'easier' time - though sometimes nothing will make things any easier! xx
  • Options
    here here! try and stay upright for as long as you can! i was on my feet for 12hours during labour, couldnt physically sit down but it turned out for the best!!
  • Options
    Im keeping my rose-tinted glasses on..... I completely agree with Ellie.....our bodies will do what they need to do and ....yes it will hurt ...but our bodies will naturally do whats it's supposed to....

xxx
  • Options
    I found with ds that reading all the birth stories easy and hard that it help prepare me for all the situations and I delt with what was happening to me better.

I had a positive experience and was still up for having a second striaght after birth even though I was in labour for 28 1/2 hours (start to finish) and where little one was back to back and 3 1/2 hours into pushing found he still was not making an apparence I was prept for a c section but they managed to get him out with forceps. I did all this on g&a until the c-secrtion prep where they had to apply a spinal block. I found this part to be the worst as I was no longer in control of the situation.

Truly believe that if you go in with your eyes open, your body and mind with help you cope with any situation.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev278pr___.png

[Modified by: JodiBump on June 18, 2010 03:52 PM]