Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What was pre-labour like for you?

Thanks ladies,

Amy xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Amy, i had a 'strange' feeling, i just knew i was in labour. I felt unwell the night before, can't quite describe it exactly but just 'didn't feel right', then the next morning i had diarrhoea, then half an hour later started to get my first contractions but felt really calm in the process, even though she was 6 wks early!
    Mel xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy,
    I have to say I didnt feel any different before labour though I did mistake some very strong braxton hicks for labour the night before. Other than that I felt just the same as usual

Hilary x
  • Options
    Period like pains for 2 days before hand (though i think they may have been v mild contractions). I had no feelings apart from that. I was in denial that anything was ever gonna happen because i wanted it to so much! lol x
  • Options
    My waters broke in the morning and then i spent the rest of the day cleaning everything, stopping every time i had a contraction. They got gradually sronger and closer together, then i couldn't clean anymore!!
  • Options
    Is loss of appetite a sign of pre-labour??
  • Options
    extremely tired!