Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pain!!

Just wondered wot it feels like is it like period pains when you are in labour im crapping myself wondering what it feels like!!! xx

Replies

• Options
    hi,for most people it starts of like period pains in the early stages, but for me i was induced by the drip so they just came on very strong and intense, its such a weird bad. all your belly tightens and the pain sort of reaches a peak then eases, it is really painful i wont lie, but you get through it, and at the end of it all it all worth it. but try staying relaxed as poss as if you get all workrd up it will make things worse. xx dont worry you will be fine.

when are you due?
    hayley and jayden 13 weeks
  • Options
    Yeah, for me it started like period pains but they just get really strong, very hard to describe. I also had a lot of backache. At first the contractions start slowly so that sometimes I couldn't be sure if it was just the backache or another contraction- but when they reach the peak, then you can really tell! image

Then with the pushing it is a different kind of feeling, more pressure than pain and it is just like having a REALLY big poo.
  • Options
    Thanx everyone its doesnt seem as bad as i assumed it wud be lol but comparing it to big poo's and sharp stabbing period pains i think i can put up with lol im hoping to have an epidural i think not too sure my sister says she had 1 and u cant feel the pain u just feel the pushing part so the less pain the better as i am a wuss lol i still have 8 weeks to go so plenty of time to prepare myself lol thanx everyone.

tilly x x x

32weeks
  • Options
    For me it didn't start with 'pain' i just felt wierd lol
    I was sitting in bed at 5am as i couldn't sleep so was chatting on here all night lol then i just felt something strange which made me jump out of bed, didn't know what it was, then it happened again and i just knew, but it wasn't painful!
    So decided to have a bath which helped, then when i got out they got really strong but they made me laugh for some reason, think it was just happiness/excitement that he was finally coming! LOL

Then i got to the hospital and couldn't stand up lol, didn't really have much of a break between contractions and a couple of hours later he was here then no pain just a gorgeous little boy-you soon forget-hence i'm trying for no 2 when lo is only 8 months old lol

Everyone tells you that you just know when your in labour, but when its your first you just want an answer of what it feels like and how you know your in labour, trouble is its different for everyone but when its time you know!! (and i don't mean that in a bad way, you just feel different!!)

hope it goes well :\)
  • Options
    that made me feel alot better not worrying so much now i just hope it doesnt last long lol i cant wait for him to get here i have so much to do just cant find the time to do it all lol xxx
  • Options
    they say you will know when you are in labour but i can honestly say i didnt realsie i was at first as i went out for the night with my friends and my now hubby. he didnt even think it was labour and had me walking around asda for some bits before headin=g home coz one of my friends said"chick you are in labour,go home get some rest" she knew this coz i couldnt sing a whole song on karioke!
    anyway when i stood upmy legs felt wobberly and achy, when i was 6 cms i had pain in my back,never in my bump but i think its different for everyone. just relax and see how it goes x
  • Options
    its most pain full thing in the world mine was 9 hours of hell like 20 x perod pains and very hard brick pooing feeling lol and god knows how long recover will take
  • Options
    i wont lie, it is painful, but its how you deal with it!!

the initial pain of labour (i was induced so this is my experience) was a very acute back ache, like a very intense period pain, but in my back instead of front. it was really uncomfortable, but the best thing to do is to stay as mobile as you can, drink plenty of fluids during your labour, and breathe (or cripple ur partners fingers) though the contractions, and eat small and often if you can, to keep your energy levels up (plenty of tea, toast and sweeties!)

i lasted 9 hours without pain relief, had an epidural, but only because i had to be put on the drip to excellerate my labour.

i actually really enjoyed my labour, the pain didnt bother me much, as i breathed through the contractions, and as each one passed, i was closer to meetin my baby boy.

remain positive through your labour, stay mobile as you can, and breathe through your contractions, and stay off pain relief as long as you can, as you'll need it for the last leg of your labour!! thats the best advice i can give you !

good luck!
  • Options
    its very painful but gas and air and pethidine make it bearable and its so worth it you know your going to have your beautiful baby at the end .
    im expecting no4 in 6wks and as mad as it sounds im looking forward to the labour xxx its all so exciting xxxxxx
    good luck