Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C/Section dates - Advice please

:cry:

Please can you help me!!!

I have been planning on a c/section from the beginning of my pregnancy because I have had 1 emergency and 1 elective already,

The problem I have is this:-

My previous section was done at 38 wks and this is what I was hoping for and expecting again but I am 200 miles away from my previous hospital and now it seems I have to fight for a 38 wk section as the consultants believe 39 wks is correct!

I woudnt have let a week bother me before but this time I am really suffering from horrendous SPD and it has made my depression unbearable! I have no idea how my kids and hubby live with me at the moment tbh! I am in constant pain and cry all the time and I know its not a nice thing to say but I really really am hating this pregnancy. I just want my little boy here now. If there was any real medical reason for it to be 39 wks why was my previous one ok at 38?

Basically, I am seeing a consultant for the 1st time on Tuesday to begin my 38 wk battle and I just wondered how many of you had elective sections at 38 wks to help my case. I am currently under the care of phsyio and a clinical psycologist so I know they would write letters but tbh I would rather avoid that hassle but if needs be .....

Sorry this has turned into an essay - I just didnt want you thinking I just wanted it done because I was too posh to push or whatever:lol: There is no chance of me ever being posh!!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Love Lee
xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    god hun i know how horrid SPD is im suffering myself, 3 weeks left till im due but my other 2 have both been 2 weeks late. I am having a vaginal birth so i cant help you on the dates thing with your c-section. But i do understand how you feel coz im going to try and get them to induce me at 40 weeks if i still havent gone in myself, thats going to be hard as they dont induce usually till 42 weeks here but i cant stand it anymore! xx
  • Options
    Oh Lee babe im sorry to hear you are suffering so much i dont know the answer either but how many weeks was Lara?
    chrissy think twice about being induced babe, every one tried to warn me against it but i went on the consultants advice andwas induced at 40 +2 rather than the elective cesarian i wanted. It was so very painful ,and didnt work either i went through ahorrendous night of agony only to find my contractions stopped, i ended up havin an emergency c section anyway. The doctor was really shitty with me thinking id asked to be induced and said it was ridiculous booking a spd sufferere in for induction unless really necessary ie 14 days overdue becouse it makelabour more prolonged and more painfull!! had i known thisat the time i would of waited. i sufffered with spd from 20 weeks and it disappeared after birth x
  • Options
    Hiya babe!

Pretty sure Lara was 38 wks but want as much info as possible to use if consultant doesnt want to do 38 wk section.

My midwife has been fab - bless her! She made me this appt 2 wks ago with this particular consultant coz she thinks she is the only one in the entire hospital who MAY consider it!