Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

blood..

so i had a baby 6 weeks ago this coming monday, and i have been bleeding off and on since the birth.
the last few days i've started bleeding a little heavier, and it's bright red and a little clotty.
normal?
or no?

Replies

• Options
    I think normal!! Mine was on and off with varying degrees or redness and thickness for about 7 weeks!
  • Options
    was it bad enough to soak through the toilet paper after you go to the washroom?
  • Options
    was it bad enough to kindof soak through the toilet paper after you were finished in the washroom?
  • Options
    i called my doctor today, and i go see him tomorrow afternoon.
    i'm just worried because i had almost no blood up until now.
    i had some, but nothing even close to what it is now.
    put it doesn't fill up a pad or anything, just seems like alot when i wipe and what not
    and the clots at the bottom of the toilet are a little frightening. lol
  • Options
    Gud luck at the Drs, but it sounds quite normal to me, I bled for about 7wks after my first baby and it was quite heavy for the whole time. It might be that because uve not had alot of blood b4 its all cuming out now, and thats why its starting heavier. Try not to worry and congratulations on ur baby. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png