Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Something is happening! I think?

Hi ladies,

Have been for my 4th sweep today, getting contractions for the last 2 hrs every 8/10 mins or so - not that regular yet. Very strong though (well quite painful).

Oh and the MW said I was 2.5 cm dilated...

When do I phone the hospital? And what can I do to speed them up and make them more regular?

Any info from you woud be fab!!!

Sarah

xxx

41+1

[Modified by: sarahwilde on 27 September 2007 17:40:50 ]

Replies

• Options
    Try & walk as much as you can & if you have a birthing ball ball bounce on that.

Not really sure when youre meant to phone the hospital as I had a domino with my last but I thought it was when the contractions were 5 min apart. I'm sure if you phoned them they'll tell you when to call back

Good luck

Hilary x
  • Options
    thanks hilary!

funnily enough I bought an excersise ball thing the other day... now all ive got to do is find the bicycle pump and blow it up!!!

eek!

Sarah x
  • Options
    You'll probably have the baby before you get the ball blown up esp if youre using a hand pump!!!

Good luck anyway, just try to do something o take your mind off things for a while.

Let me know when bub arrives

Hilary x
  • Options
    Yay! Keep walking about.
    Good luck x
  • Options
    hey good look, hope ur not in labour too long! image

most hospitals say wait till they are 5 mins apart b4 goin in, but if the pain is too much then to go in earlia!

hannah x 36 wks x
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Just to let u know Im still at home getting contractions every 5-6 mins. Phoned the hosp last night, Mw said she wanted the bad pain to last over a minute for me to come in, so taking codine! So all in all been having contractions all night and this morning...

I need them to get stronger and closer together - this is a nightmare!!!

Sarah x

41+2
  • Options
    hey sarah, congrats, hope your coping o.k so far!!
    if it gets too painful just go in coz mine weren't regular at all but were too painful and when i got to the hospital i was 6cm!! are you bouncing on your ball? image
    good luck hope to hear from you soon x. danielle
  • Options
    Hi danielle,

Am coping, just about! Bloody hurts tho! Am gonna try and wait as long as I can... saying that when they are comin they really do take my breath away!

Am knackered but really excited, and am bouncing on my ball but the dogs go nuts everytime they see it and are doing my head in!

Hope this is proper labour - the pains are starting below my bump and then really painful in my lower back!

Hope you are ok and will keep u updated

Sarah x
  • Options
    hi mum 2 another 1

yes, my poor sister had to blow it up herself rather than using the pump poor thing! We couldnt work out how to attach the pump. hehehe

will def keep u posted!

Sarah x
  • Options
    Ooo its very exciting! I love listening to peoples updates of labour. I wont be too far behind ya...due in 13 days but got a feeling ill go over image
  • Options
    oh my god ladies

am still at home went to the hosp and was only 3cm. nearly 4. I could have stayed in but decided to come home for a while. I am in absolute agony! Wanted to do this with Gas and Air, but its so painful I really think I will need an epidural!

Am having a bath now at 3.10 am.... these contractions going on for nearly 36 hrs

Just want it over with

Sarah xxx

• Options
    Aww Sarah sorry to hear things arent coming along as quick as you wanted.. Keep us updated and just keep thinking about what your going to get at the end of it all!

Sam x
  • Options
    Hi Sarah
    Really hoping you've got your baby in your arms now. Can't wait to read your 'i've had my baby' post! Was gonna do you a post this morning but my ILs were here and i thought i'd look like a bad mother if i was on the laptop LOL!!!
    Take care, Juliette