Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hi - due today -feel like i'll be pregnant forever!

hiya everyone, thought I would come on and share my boredome with you all...

I'm due today and nothing different happening.

Had a apt at hosp last thurs where dr tried to do a sweep - but she said my cerivx was still too far back to do it easily and she would hurt me too much. She said I was about 1-2 cm dilated at that time. (I have severe spd and so can't extend my pelvis very far).
I then had a home visit from midwife yyesterday (mon) and she tried to do a sweep again, she said my cervix was a bit further forward but she tried to pull it forward more but couldn't - she said my cervix wasn't dilated at all! Was the dr wrong last week?
she said it was soft and ripe, and you could get a finger in it - sorry if tmi!

Anyway - I am booked in for Thurs for induction - going in at 8.30 am for first lot of gel. She said they then try to get you to stay active for 6 hrs - that's a laugh - can hardly walk, even with my crutches!!
Fingers crossed it works quickly...

I was reading some of the things to get you started - and having a laugh - I haven't been able to have sex for months and months - couldn't even attempt it I'm so sore!!

My problem is that I have so many pains each day all over - not just my back and pelvis, but bump too - that how will I know when I'm really in labour - frightened it creeps up on me! I am already using a tens machine all day long and also taking co-codomol regularly too!
Hopefully labour won't be too hard, cause I'm so used to so much pain already!

I'm at the stage where I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever - anyone else feel like that?
I am really excited but still also have a terrible fear of something going wrong - is that natural do you think? Just can't wait till he is here in my arms...

hope everyone else is doing ok.
luv Jac
xx
40 wks today

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jac- sorry things are so painful for you but I'm sure if you go into labour you WILL know!!! Guess the traditional walks and bumpy rides are like suggesting you stick pins in your eyes so guess you'll have to rely on the more gentle gems instead. How about some homeopathic remedies - I've heard they can help although never tried them myself. Reflexology is supposed to be good too at starting labour?
    Best of Luck xx
  • Options
    Hi Jac,
    I think we have spoken before, I also have severe SPD and know exactly where you are coming from.I was due yesterday and been in slow labour since last wed. I've had 3 sweeps and am 3cm dilated with the cervix that is ripe and forward, the mid wife had promised I would have had the baby by now as she was so sure everything was in place....fat chance. This baby has no intention of coming out. I was on codeine for the SPD which I'm convinced has slowed down the labour, ask your doc if the co-codamol has done the same.
    I'm really hoping that like you because I have had so much pain throughout the pregnancy with the SPD that the labour will be a breeze, you are so lucky they will induce you. My consultant has said no. I have strep B as well which makes me more high risk. The mid wife is coming over tomorrow and wants to do another sweep, I'm not so sure now as I dont want to go through another day of labouring only to be told by the hos to go home because i'm only 3cm diliated. My OH has been great and we managed to get to the beach for a 30yd walk today and some fish and chips, it was so lush and has really cheered me up. Its such a gorgeous day is there anyone that can take you out to help ease the pain of waiting??
    Just think how great it will be when our little bundle of joys decide to arrive, and what a gorgeous time of year to have a baby.
    Hang in hun and try not to let it get you down.

• Options
    hia jac,lets hope things happen soon 4 u.Bet ur glad u have an appointment thurs rnt u?i was told last week that my cervix was open and baby was engaged n that it could happen anytime but as im still here with bump im feeling bit fed up too!hope all goes well for you,hanna 37wks xx
  • Options
    I know how you feel. And it's very annoying that all the doctors/midwives tell you different things. I am 41+1. And for weeks I'd been told (wrongly it seems!) that my baby was fully engaged and everything progressing normally. Until I had a different midwife, who did a more thorough check and said the head is 100% free and this baby is very big, sent me for a scan and she was right about the size, also the fact he is posterior....And then I see another dr who says he actually is engaged. She did a sweep and OMG it was PAINFUL!!! I'd had a show before the sweep and have since had more of it but nothing has happened. I have not had 1 contraction throughout the pregnancy not even a braxton hicks...I feel cheated like my body does not know how to labour naturally, and jealous at the women who had their los at 38 weeks which makes me very angry that I can't be the same!!! (I know it's nonsensical....)

Oh and ignore the advice about sex - I've been very active in that department from the begining (TMI) but it hasn't sped anything up, as I said I've not had even a twinge. I have been sooo active throughout - walking, swimming, washing my car at 40 weeks! And nowt. I would have been just as likely to go into labour sitting on the damn sofa! :roll:

I am sorry to hear about your SPD, it must make things a lot more difficult, I have been lucky and had no discomforts, and have very much enjoyed my pregnancy. But I think, however the pregnancy and birth goes, it will all be forgotten when we have our little ones at the end of it!

Anyway - I'm (with luck that ward is free) being induced tomorrow, so thats the end of my whinging. I'm also scared that something bad might happen, but if you look on the bright side of being induced (if there is 1!!) then you are monitored much more closely, and they're more likely to pick up problems, which reassures me....

xxxx
  • Options
    hi, just a quick message. trust me you will know when your in labour, i kept askin "how will i know" but as soon as it started i knew that it was the real thing. ii hope you not waiting much longer to meet your lo. have a great labour and birth xxx
  • Options
    thanks for the replies ladies - still here, had quite a lot of pains in my tummy and keep thinking maybe this is it and then it doesn't come to anything!
    Tiger - lily - hope you got in to be induced and everything is going well - will look for your birth announcement.
    Joanna -thanks too and good luck to you! here's hoping we all have lovely nice quick labours!
    luv Jac
    40+1
  • Options
    your lo will be here in no time, try to keep yourself busy and your mond off of it (easier said than done i know) but it really helped me, i was 6 days overdue x
  • Options
    Hi Jac,
    How are you doing??
    I'm still here as well, 4 days over due and been labouring for 10days althought the contractions have lowed right down now to a snails pace. I actually went to mother care yesterday to try and encourage some baby feelings in me so that Lo would feel that he/she would want to come out. No chance.
    I cant believe they wont induce me and get this baby out. My Mid wife has said it'll be next friday at the earliest.....OMG 7 more days of this. I'm back on the strong pain killers now, did you see anyone about getting something for the SPD??
    At least the weather is gorgeous now, my OH is going to drive me to the beach again and have lunch out, I cant wait.
    Keep in touch
    JO
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Jacmac just so ur not feelin left out my sister is now 4 days over due although she has her daughter to keep her occupied she`s now fed up too. I still have 26wks to go!!!

best of luck to you though

xxx
  • Options
    Just a little tip - has any of you tried expressing your milk only i`ve heard that can sometimes help it might an old wise tale but suppose anything is worth a try.