Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

S L O W Labour, 2nd baby

Hello all,

I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying your pregnancies. I do enjoy being pregnant over Christmas (was pregnant last Christmas too!). Its a great excuse to shop and eat excessively... :\)

Anywho, last week I was referred to delivery as I was having lots of pains and irregular contractions, at this time I was week 36+, I was kept in overnight, but things slowly eased, which was good as its still considered early/prem labour prior to 37 weeks, as I am sure you all know.

However I had an internal and was told babies head was fully engaged and I was 1cm dilated, So, in slow labour.

Since then I also had a show (sorry if TMI).

Now I am 37+5 and anxious. Before I was cool about the wait, but now I just want to meet my son. Especially as I know he is ready and waiting :lol:

My question is, have you ever been in slow labour with your 2nd+ baby? if so, how long did you wait before waters breaking/established labour? It would appear that most people I have spoke to were in slow labour for weeks and ended up going overdue!

Deep down, I'm happy to wait. Baby will come when baby is ready... I am just curious... (and nosey!)

Rachel

Replies

• Options
    hun most mothers who have had babys before walk around with their cervix at 1-2cm dilated anyway so you might have been like this for weeks and just not known, most women who have had babys before dont go back to having a tight closed cervix anyway so please dont hold out hope of bubs arriving any time soon, if you have had a show etc then it might not be too far off but can take 2-3 weeks from a show to birth aswell, sorry the news isnt much better but look forward to reading your birth sotry and i hope all goes well with you and your lil man. xxxx
  • Options
    Hey, don't mince your words will you! Lol. Can always trust this website to bring you back down to earth. x
  • Options
    Hi i was in slow labour with my dd, who was my second for about 3 weeks and i had her at 39+2. So quite a while but it did help with my actual labour though, i was only an hour long x
  • Options
    Thanks Speckle, oooh a quick labour, now you're talking my language! My last one started on the friday and ended on the sunday. Ouch! Hope you and family enjoy your xmas. Rachel x
  • Options
    Same here, i went into labour on the Tuesday and had him on the Thursday night, so can totally sympathise! Fingers crossed this one is quick for you! I'm expecting my 3rd in 3 weeks and my mw has said she doubts i'll make it to hospital. I know i want a quick birth but not that bloody quick ha ha Hope you all enjoy xmas and your new arrival makes an extra special crimbo present for you x
  • Options
    Still pregnant! How are you Speckle? x