Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Labour?

Hi Ladies
I'm 40+2 and the last two days I have had really bad back ache but it seems constant, its in the middle of my back just above my hips and nothing seems to be soothing it. Also on saturday night I had mild cramps and back ache and I thought maybe I was in early labour so I just lay there hoping they would die down a bit then all of a sudden I had the urge to rush to the toilet -had really bad diarhoea (sorry TMI!!) once this had happened the pains wore off an dI managed to get to sleep pretty easy.

I have been told that these could be early signs of labour, has anyone experienced this and then given birth a few days later? Sorry i'm a first time mummy and not really sure what to expect to the run up.

Em

Replies

• Options
    I had exactly this but went into labour straight away after clearing out. Everyone is different! I would keep bouncing on your birth ball, keep active and relax. i am sur eit won't be long now!! best of luck xx
  • Options
    yes i had exactly this too hun then i think it was that night or the night after when i went into labour, good luck.x