Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i've had my baby

Hi everyone I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy called Joey on 10/04/08 my due date. My waters went on that day at 11.55 am, I was already at the hospital about to have reflexology, so i continued with my treatment & then had to go to labour ward to be monitored. I was assessed & told I wasn't having contractions, but i could feel some small ones. I was told to go home & wait events, if nothing happens to go back for monitoring the next day. On my way to the car i had about 5 contractions. On my way home they were getting stronger & stronger. I got straight into a bath & the contractions were coming so close together. By this time it was 15.30, so we phoned the hospital & they advised me to come in, I met my friend there who was going to deliver me, on examining me she said i was 5-6 cm dilated. I tried some gas & air but it made me feel sick so i tried a morphine injection. I gave birth at 18.34 hrs after being in labour for 4 1/2hrs. I cant believe how lucky i was to have some a quick labour for my first baby. x x

Replies