Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Konner has arrived!!

Hi all
Konner John arrived yesterday at 4.02pm
Got up with period like cramps and backache, went for my mw appointment and she said things looked like they where slowly moving along, We left there and went shopping to Tesco and i had a few braxton Hicks contractions (or so i thought). Got to the car and i felt 3 gushes of water, it didnt feel like i'd weed but it was strange. Got home and it happened again and again so phoned the maternity unit. They advised me to go in and be checked over so 12.30pm was in hospital. Put me on the monitor which showed i was slightly contracting and asked me if i wanted to stay or go home. At that point i said i would go home but then i had two big gushes of fluid and then the contractions started properly. At 1.45pm i was taken to delivery suit and was left for about 30 mins by this time i was contracting every 5 mins. They did an internal and i was 2-3cm dialated, i thought it was going to take an age but Konner had other ideas. At 3:30pm i had a lot of pressure and they said i was 4-5cm, i requested pethadine at 3.50pm and then i had to push and at 4.02pm Konner came into the world with only 2 pushes, i had 3 grazes so no stitches needed.
He is so cute, weighing in at 6lb 6oz. he is quite mucusy so being sick a bit but all is ok. We came home at 7pm that evening.
Sorry if i jumped the queue as he was only due on Thursday but he wasnt hanging about.
Good luck to all you soon to be mums.
The pain is every bit worth it.
Will pop a pick on here soon.
Nic & Konner xx :\)

[Modified by: Nic'n'Bump on 25 July 2007 11:04:36 ]

Replies