Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Christopher is here!

The bottle is fine, but the teats are too 'hard' and they tend to leak!

Replies

• Options
    After i could no longer breats feed i used these bottles and found that they leaked. my friend is now usiing these but hers haev been fine, must have been bad batch. they are good as they are small
  • Options
    Hi all,

Just to let you all know my baby arrived on 4th July - a beautiful boy weighing 9lb 3oz. He was delivered by c section after a fairly difficult time.

I will spare you all the details but was admitted on 28th June with pre eclampsia and after hundreds of tests etc decided to induce me - after 3 attempts at the gel they decided to try to break my waters and start me on the drip. Unfortunately this did not work well either and despite contractions I did not dilate very far in 24 hours and so the doctors decided a c section was the safest option.

We named him Christopher Dane and he is doing very well - he is not breastfeeding and I am struggling with my conscious over that but I cannot make him suck - he seems happy enough on the formula but can't help feeling I have failed on the breast milk front image

Lianne and Christopher x
  • Options
    Congratulations on your little man. Sounds just like what happened to me minus the pre-eclampsia! And the bf was the same too! My boy was 9lb 1oz so maybes its just these big lazy boys lol image Try not to worry about not bfing, as long as he's happy it doesnt matter x
  • Options
    Hi Vodkasis

First of all many congrats and welcome to Christopher. Now, you really must stop feeling bad about the bf thing, as Tiger Lily says. I too had a rough time before, during and after birth (had an emer c-sec too) and tho i tried bf it just didn't work, prob for a mixture of reasons. If Christopher is doing well on the formula then just relax and enjoy giving him his bottle. I beat myself up way too much and now am annoyed that i didn't enjoy feeding him. You have not failed him or anyone else, sometimes bf just doesn't work. Yes, mums all did it in days gone by, but many babies also died cos of bf problems cos there wasn't formula.

My mum really helped me when i was down about the bf thing. She said, "go to the school gates and point out those children who had formula and those who were bf. You can't." Also, if its any help, Matthew was formula fed from day 4 and is a very healthy boy, only had a handful of colds and one upset tummy bug. You can't force him to bf if it's just not working. You can keep him well and healthy in all other ways, and you can enjoy doing him wonderful healthy food when he starts weaning.

Sorry if i sound like i've gone on at you, but i just don't want to feel down like i did. Enjoy your little man and keep that chin up image
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words - I know you are right about the bottle feeding - I was bottle fed and turned out ok! I just assumed I would be able to breastfeed and that would be that - nobody tells you how difficult it can be - I will try to relax - he is gaining weight and feeding well so I am doing the best I can for the my little boy!

Lianne x
  • Options
    Well done on your delviery. I have a Christopher David. He is nearly 15 now! He was my 2nd. I did not bf my first 2 but did my last 3. I have no closer a bond with any of them so dont feel guilty. At least you tried so well done at that!

enjoy him as they grow far too fast!!!

d x
  • Options
    My LO seemed to prefer these bottles after i could no longer brestfeed.i had problems with other bottles, and eventually found these.