Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

c-section rupture?

I had an emergancy c-section with my first baby who is now 3 months old. I would like to get pregnant again in the next few months, but am worried there be a risk of my c-section rupturing during labour with my second baby. Has anyone been in a similar situation, or heard of anyone who has??:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi, i had my lo 6 months ago by emergency c-section. I have now found out that im roughly 7-10 weeks pregnant. When i saw my doctor i asked him about the c-section and he told me not to worry as they usually do a test to see if your scar can handle it. But 9 times out of 10 most people can have normal labour and birth and nothing will happen. Also my sister had a c-sec with her first one and then had her second child 13 months later naturally and had no problem at all with her scar.
  • Options
    Hi, my MIL had an emergency C section when she had my hubby and had all kinds of complications with infections etc but fell pregnant again only four months later and went on to have a healthy normal pregnancy.
    I would get advice from your GP but don't think you will have any problems as long as you feel ready xx
  • Options
    I had one last time and Im currently 33wk I spoke to consultant regarding my next birth and she said 70% of women who have a section go on to have vaginal births and its something like 1 - 1000 chances of your scare rupturing or somthing like that it rare basicly and that its my choice at the end of the day whether I choose to have another section or not they will go with what I decide hope this helps a bit Im rabbitting on a tad x x
  • Options
    ;\)Thanks for your replies. All very reasuring. just have to decide now whether we're crazy enough to start trying for another baby again so soon - might take a while anyway.;\)