Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Teigans Birth story!

Hi ladies,

Well as many of you will already know i have been in slow labour for just over 5 weeks with Teigan and she finally arrived yesterday weighing in at 6lb 81/2 oz and was well worth the wait.
well here's the story ........

Sunday afternoon i started with really bad backache and somehow knew that things were starting but didnt want to get my hopes up so didnt say anything to anyone went to bed about 11oclock sunday night and had a restless nights sleep waking every hour or so with pains, finally gave up trying to sleep at about half 6 and just lay in bed monitoring how frequant the contractions were they were coming every 5 mins even when i was lay still so i rang my other half to wake him up just to say get a shower and stuff as i was in labour but there wasnt a rush, i pottered around at home till about 8oclock when oh arrived by this time id got my daughter out of bed and given her her breakfast, i rang the labour ward and they told me to go straight in as cons were coming every 3 mins then so i dropped my daughter off with my mum and we made our way there.

Upon arriving the midwife gave me an internal and i was only 1 to 2 cms dilated so she said to go for a walk get some breakfast etc which we did i only managed a piece of toast as was in agony so we started to make our way back to maternity on the way i collapsed in pain so a nurse grabbed a wheel chair and ran down to maternity was soo funny looking back now lol, This was about 11oclock midwife examined me again and no change was really annoyed they wouldnt give me anything for the pain as i had to be 4cms first anyway to cut it a bit shorter she examined me again at 2 and was still the same was talking about sending me home, the next thing was a shift change when one of my midwifes came on shift (heather she also delivered Ashleigh) she came in and said i know you hun u wouldnt be here if it wasnt for real and asked to do anotheer internal i agreed when she did she was quite rough which she is well known for being lol and as she she broke my waters and i went straight to 4 cms, 5 mins later i was on my way over to a labour room and given some gas and air,

I asked for a epidural so the anaesthisiologist was called in the meantiime babies heartbeat had to be monitored because of the shock of the waters braeking this had to be done by a clip being attached to the top of her head as she was in a funny position, the man came and started to give me the epidural he just put the drug in and said it would take about 10 mins to take affect when i had the urge to push heather had a look and Teigans head was right there 3 pushes later in a space of about 2 minutes she was out and on my chest it all happened so fast the epidural hadnt even taken effect lol (which i was lucky it did happen fast as the epidural never worked at all anyway).

I was straight on the phone to my mum crying that id done it myself on just gas and air was soo excited as i was really disapointed when ashleigh had to be delivered by ventouse, (wanted to do it myself) My mum was so shocked as id only called her 30 minutes before to say i was just going into labour room as was 4cms so she expected it to be a good couple of hours yet.

So after all that Teigan arrived safe and sound just a bit shocked at how fast and very red faced because of the speed, i too went into shock about 10 mins later and had to be monitored as was shaking all over and went very pale, After all that i have to say im the proudest mummy in the world to both my little girls Sophie (a very sore mummy to 2) xxx

Replies