Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my labour

i am 18 and as my due date (12,12,07) was gettin closer i was reali gettin scared about labour, on the 2nd of dec about 23.50 my waters broke and as expected i started to panic, my mother came with me to the hospital where they done the internal which i can honestly admit was the sorest past for me! there they told me i wud need an epidural as they thought i wasn fit enuf for labour, the pain in my back was awful and my contractions were comin every 3 minutes, one midwife suggested goin up to the midwefery led unit ( where they have water births) to help ease my back, but in the mean time i was givin gas and air, up in the mlu i was put into the bath at around 3am and as it was so relaxing i feel asleep!! next thing i woke up at around 10am on 3rd dec and seen my mother standin there in front of me holdin my baby boy!! soo for all those people out there who are scared about labour it wasnt that bad for me with no apin relief and slept through it all, and brooklyn bailey knipe is now 6 weeks old and weighs 10lb now and when he was born he weighed 7.11!! and if you have the choice go for a water birth its so relaxin and esaes the pain in your back!

Replies

• Options
    Sorry but this is confusing me - do you mean you went through labour but slept through it ? Did you have an epidural so you felt no pain ?

Sorry i am very confused !
  • Options
    congratulations on the birth of baby brooklyn hun, sounds like u had a pretty relaxing labour. xx
  • Options
    yea i slept through my whole labour, no i had no pain relief apart from gas and air
  • Options
    yea i slept through my whole labour, no i had no pain relief apart from gas and air
  • Options
    oh my god i didnt think it ws possible, its agony, how anyone could sleep is beyond me - i couldnt even with doses of pethadine !! Well done anyway & congrats x
  • Options
    i dunno how on earth i done it my mum says she wudn have believed it onli she was there the whole time and i didn make a sound, and i cant remember any pain at all!! hopefully next time round will be the same hehe
  • Options
    Wow thats very strange but very lucky for u!