Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any unusuall tips to get labour started?

Im 3 days over and fed up with waiting! I've tried the raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, spicy food and sex! Frankley ive run out of ideas now. This is my second baby i thought that tehy were supposed to come early...so much for that! Anyone got any more ideas?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I was the same as you. Tried everything then someone mentioned clary sage. You can get it from te chemist and just put a couple of drops into the bath. I had 2 or 3 baths over 2 days and went into labour after that.

Good luck
  • Options
    i heard drinkin castor oil can help it along? !! x
  • Options
    HI all....
    Clary sage should only be used when you are at your due date.... although lavender is also good for starting labour... lavender is also a good pain releif and can also help expel the afterbirth etc... its also good mised with some carrier oil for oh to massgae into lower back x

the nipple rolling has to be done on a regular basis for a minimum of 15 minutes per nipple to have any affect

its myths about babies coming earlier.. my first was 12 days late and my second was 10 days late... this one is due on monday and can also see it being later

good luck to you all

Lisa 39+5 x x x x
  • Options
    Try labor salad (just google it). I think it is something to do with the combination of Romaine Lettuce (the type you find in caeser salad) and balsamic vinegar.

Also, try accupuncture or having your ankles massaged.

Finally, there is always the sex and nipple stimulation option image