Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

day in hospital

Hi girls, I had to spend wednesday in hospital as I had some quite heavy bleeding (was 37 wks exactly on wed). I was made to wait ages.... got there around 11.30am and didn't leave til 11.15pm!!!

I was taken for a scan to check my placenta which was fine, and then had to wait hours to see a dr for a speculum exam - during which I bled heavily again. I had a cone biopsy treatment for CIN 3 (pre-cancerous cells on my cervix) a couple of years ago and apparently as a result of this my cervix is small, weak and very tender. They told me they could see the babys head and that I was 1.5cm dilated, but because I had bled again they wanted me to stay til 9-9.30ish when the drs were doing the next rounds - I didn't get seen again until 10.50pm!!! the registrar then proceeded to tell me that I would have to see the consultant on Tues at 11.10am and to expect him to book me in for an induction next week. she also said that my midwife should have picked this up and arranged me a 36 wk check with the consultant. I informed my midwife at my booking in appointment at 8 wks that I had had this treatment and she never did anything about it.

I also bled twice before during my pregnancy and still no-one bothered to examine me further - am now quite annoyed at this - surely the midwife should know about these treatments and take the appropriate action when you first fall pregnant! So now I have my appt on Tuesday and will prob be induced this week - the registrar said they usually do this at 38 wks to patients who have had the same treatment I have had. I will be 38 wks on wed.

I only hope that my post might help someone else who has had the same treatment as me.

Thanks for reading
xx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear you have been messed around so much tracy. Fingers crossed the induction goes well for you and you can look forward to seeing your little baby soon. xxx
  • Options
    Hi there my sister was rushed into hospital on Thursday morning as she also was bleeding heavy(shes 31 weeks) anyway............. after endles waiting she was seen and given an examination and they found out that she had has errosion on her cervix and this caused the bleeding!!! she had to stay in over night and came out friday morning!!!

B x
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for replying, thats the only upside to all this - getting to meet my baby after 37/38 long weeks image