Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how often should i see my midwife?

hi girls, i'm 39 weeks today, saw my midwife on tues n she said to make an appt for in 2 weeks time which will mean in 40+5 next time i see her, is this normal as i've been seeing her every week for last few weeks!

Replies

• Options
    Depends on areas hun, but it similar to how mine went. I saw my m/w at 39+4 and appt was made for 40+6 for my next appt.......I didn't get that far as bub arrived at 40+4 lol
  • Options
    Hi babe, I agree with mummy x 5 it depends on the area.
    I saw my Midwife every week from 37 weeks.
    If you feel you need an extra check up just give them a ring, they cant say no and it will may be a home visit(added bonus!!!)
    Good luck xxx
  • Options
    im seeing gp today at 32 wks, then hosp 34,then gp 36,38,39,then 41 if i get to that.
  • Options
    im under a consultant at hospital, im 34+6, and we are not quite sure whats happening yet, we know we are being induced in 2 weeks time, but if my consultant changes his mind and delays our induction, then i'll need another appt with my m/w. i have to say she has been fantastic and has offered good support and advice, she has left it up to me, so all i need to do is book another appt if i want one.