Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hospital. Do someone has delivered at UCL?

Hello Everybody!
Sorry in advance for my english, I'm Italian and I moved to London last october.
I don't know anything about the hospitals in London.

UCL is a good hospital?

Before I was at Whittington but all the people that I've met, said to me that It is a bad hospital so I've moved to another: UCL.

I hope that It is the right choice! Isn't it???????? :\?:\?

Thank you!!!!

p.S. the baby in the picture is my daughter: Emma (10 months)

Replies

• Options
    Hi Scilly

I have experience of both hospitals. With my first pregnancy I was at the Whittington, unfortunately I lost that baby but I recall the antenatal care was terrible - I hated it and was considering switching if the pregnancy had continued. For my second pregnancy I went to UCH (Elizabeth Garrett Anderson). I felt a lot better about the antenatal care but one thing I would say (as with any London hospital) is that you have to wait AGES when you go for an antenatal appt as they are so busy, so as long as you don't mind sitting around waiting it's fine.

As for the birth, you can choose to go to the labour ward (if you want drugs) or the Bloomsbury Birthing Centre if you want a natural, active birth. I opted for the BBC and it was fantastic, the midwives were absolutely wonderful, so sweet and encouraging - I had a water birth with gas & air and was very happy.

One thing I would say is that I had to stay overnight and the maternity ward wasn't too great, the midwives weren't very nice or helpful and as a first time mum I felt a bit abandoned but maybe I was just unlucky with the midwives on shift whilst I was there. Good luck with your pregnancy Sarah xxx ps you daughter is gorgeous!
  • Options
    Hi Starfly!
    Thank you very very much for your information!
    I was a little bit worried about my choice..but you help me|

I'm very sorry for your first experience!

My first appointement with the midwife will be on 21th of march.
    Probably It'll be a cesarian, cause I had Emma with a cesarian as well.

Monicaxx

P.S. your baby is gorgeous too!